1 1/2 cups of whipping cream (heavy cream)
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 cup monk fruit/erythritol sweetener (or your favorite keto sweetener)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For a twist, you can substitute 1/4 teaspoon of orange essence for the vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint during the holidays)
You will need
Medium to large bowl
1. Make sure that you place the bowl, mixer beaters, and measuring cup in the refrigerator for about a 1/2 hour ahead of time so that everything is really nice and cold. I even measure and pour my cream ahead of time because I feel like doing that makes the cream seem colder than leaving it in the carton.
2. While that’s chilling, premix the cocoa and sweetener and get the vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon out and ready.
3. Once the bowl, beaters and cream are nice and cold, bring them out and start beating the cream.
Watch when the cream starts to get frothy. Keep beating until the cream gets a little thicker. If you rush this step and just wait till the cream is frothy, the mousse will not properly set up and will be chocolate soup.
4. When you see that the cream is just starting to get a little thicker, gradually add the cocoa/sweetener mix, mixing each bit in fully before adding more.
5. Once the cocoa is all mixed in, the mousse should be fairly thick. Add the vanilla extract and mix in.
You are done! Your chocolate mousse can be eaten immediately or chilled to eat later. Enjoy! And let us know how your turns out. We love to hear from our readers!