For our favorite basic keto chaffle (cheese waffle) that is cheesy enough to hold it’s own, crispy on the outside, and nice and gooey on the inside, you will need
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of cheese (grated)
- Waffle maker
(Add more cheese for a cheesier chaffle. Click here for the cheese lover’s extra-cheesy chaffle.)
For our 7-inch waffle-maker, we use
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of cheese (grated)
- Crack the egg and put contents into a bowl.
- Add grated cheese.
- Add spices (optional, to your taste).
- Add milk or cream (optional, to your taste ).
- Mix well.
- Pour contents of bowl into hot waffle maker.
Remove when done (about 4 to 4-1/2 minutes).
Serve the chaffle on its own, with a topping, or like bread for a keto sandwich.
If you don’t already have a waffle maker, check out our review of best waffle makers for 2019.